Victorian State Warm Up For 2016 RC Laser Nationals
Held this past weekend, the Victorian RC Laser 2016 State Titles, proved to be a great day of radio control yachting with worthy competition between all entrants.
Conditions on the day were such that we started on B rig and then moved onto A rig sails with the fluky Patterson Lakes Bridge syndrome threatening in the afternoon.
A few maintenance problems, (such as transmitter and cooked winch glitches) highlighted some issues that will need to be worked on and resolved before the 2016 RC Laser Nationals at Yarrawonga in a couple of weeks.
Patterson Lakes Radio Model Yacht Club would like to thank the following helpers who gave their time to help make the event a great success:
- Mike Pender – PRO. Well done on a good and hassle-free job.
- Tony Smith – for the early course setup/ adjustments and for getting the boats out.
- John Toner for being the spotter, handling registration, taking scores and organising the DF95 demos.
- Peter Haynes for partaking in boat retrievals and set-up.
- Stephen Early for taking photos and doing internet scoring.
- Jayne Fleming & Lyn for the catering.
It was great to have South Australian RC laser sailor, Scott Mitchell, at the event and back sailing Radio Controlled Lasers. This is one contender to watch out for at the 2016 RC Laser Nationals as his scores throughout the day just kept getting better and better.
Victorian RC Laser 2016 State Titles Results
The day’s results are listed below:
Words by Scott Fleming
Photos by Stephen Early